Thanksgiving brings the charm of relishing delicious feasts along with family and friends. Garlic Mashed Potatoes are one of the favorite dishes everyone enjoys. Here is the quick recipe for preparing Garlic Mashed potatoes.
- 3 or 4 large potatoes
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup heavy cream, milk whole or half ‘n half
- Butter or olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cover potatoes with water sufficient to cover in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add garlic and salt to taste. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside. Return empty pan to heat and add butter, leaving until butter melts. In a separate pan, bring cream or milk to boil. Do not allow to curdle; remove from heat immediately when it starts to boil.
- Mash the potatoes, beating in the butter and half & half, cream or milk, mashed garlic, and salt and pepper, until potatoes are smooth and fluffy.
- For milder garlic flavor, parboil garlic along with potatoes, then mash with potatoes.